Wednesday 18 September 2024

 DAY 2 - Wednesday, September 18

An easy day but not without some trials. We picked our car up, a new Ford Escape. There's no GPS so I use Apple Car Play syncing my phone via Bluetooth. That's not perfect but it will have to do - as long as it stays connected that is.

Once we found the place Canadian Tire was the next disappointment. Their Halloween display at the entrance (and throughout the store) was truly magnificent. What was disappointing was they had no styrofoam coolers. I guess all the summer stock is put away - after all you have to make room for Halloween and Christmas decorations.


We did have a wonderful lunch with high school friend Steve. He's doing well and it was a great visit. The photo points out one very annoying trait of my iphone. The photos are by default a very wide angle and the only way to reduce that angle is by zooming in. That reduces the quality to totally unacceptable at full zoom - add my unsteady hand and things get messy in a hurry. Trust me, Steve's foot is not that flat and big...he didn't even go to clown college...wait, recalling my high school, maybe he did.


We're heading north tomorrow...come with us.  😎




No comments:

Post a Comment