Monday 16 September 2019

SASKATCHEWAN TRIP - DAY 13


Another gorgeous day for our drive to North Battleford. I must say though, there are thousands of small wasps everywhere we go. They are annoying but the biggest drawback is the ones that end up on the windshield and grill of the SUV. I don't know how or if I'm ever going to get them clean. Saskatchewan back roads proved interesting again as we drove leisurely along.
In a landscape that is often devoid of trees this isolated stand of crooked aspen trees is nothing short of amazing. Accessible only by a 70 kilometre trip on gravel roads my only concern was, "Oh no! My new SUV!" No one knows for certain how this happened. One popular explanation involves aliens landing and destroying the growth forcing future flora to be twisted and deformed.
Good enough for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment