Thursday 26 September 2019

SASKATCHEWAN TRIP - DAY 23


I have a real thing about signs and notices. I find they are totally inadequate if not entirely missing or provide useless information. Here's an example...this is on a flyer aid in our room, something that anyone over four years old would know - but funny.
I guess I can't take any rattlesnakes or bison home with me.
West and East Grasslands National Park are separated by 150 kilometres of land that is not part of either park. That made for a long day. It rained all day (until we returned of course) but was a good drive. One wrong turn took us past an access road. Enroute we came across a herd of pronghorn antelope. That's why I didn't make the turn - that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
The Badlands Parkway is a one lane road with two way traffic. Probably a nightmare in July and August - not a problem today. We didn't see anyone travelling in either direction.
The Badlands are unquestionably what distinguishes East Grasslands from West. Even in the pouring rain it was a bit of an awesome sight. This is Saskatchewan?
On our return journey something darted across the highway. I quickly backed up (no one on the road) because I never turn down the opportunity to see the local wildlife. Sure enough, there he was, as if he was waiting for me. Wyl ie sat watching us the roadrunner got away.



No comments:

Post a Comment