Monday 9 September 2019

SASKATCHEWAN TRIP - DAY 6


We decided to go horseback riding today - it's been awhile since we've done that. It was a gorgeous morning but that didn't negate my hips and knees being stretched beyond their comfort limit. In 1967 there was a UFO sighting here. It is the best documented incident of it's kind in Canada and possibly in North America. Though it could not be positively confirmed it has not been possible to categorically deny it in all these years. The ride was to that site.
I spent more time fighting my horse King to stop eating and get going than anything else. I think he paid me back by passing every tree along the trail as close as he could. All in all it was a great time.
I wanted a bottle of wine for our proposed lasagna dinner but liquor stores that are open are a rare breed in a resort area at this time of year. I think they're only open in the months that do not have "R's" in them. To make matters worse they're not easy to find. You know how they say it's always in the last place you look. We found one - in the local lumber/hardware store.
When we returned to our cabin on the hill our canine friend was waiting to lead the way. Devin, the dog and ranch owner, has pre-authorized us to give the dog a bit of lasagna tonight. I thought it was cats that liked lasagna.




No comments:

Post a Comment